Blog To Express

A blogosphere learning experience to express with blog

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

A "recycled teenager" learning to blog.

Sep 23, 2013

How Old is the Moon?

Did anybody ever wondered what is the age of the moon?

Nobody knows ... not even the planetary scientists who researched the study of planets (including Earth), moons, and planetary systems, in particular those of the Solar System and the processes that form them.

Anyways, this blog is not about Man's first steps on the moon by American Neil Armstrong in 1969 and spoke the famous words "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.".

Over a million years ago, there has been one moon, one sun, one earth that we know as a planet in the solar system.

However, ethnic Chinese all over the world view the moon differently compared to the Westerners, who do not celebrate mid-autumn festivals.



For centuries, great Chinese poets and music composers have extolled the beauties of the moon.

王菲 - 但願人長久

明月几时有
把酒问青天
但愿,人長久
千里共女婵娟
今人不見古时月
今月曾经照古人
十五的月亮
明亮得今人无法不羡慕它的圆满
也勾起了人们对往日美好岁月的怀念


Same song, same lyrics. Different singers, different presentation and styles.

鄧麗君 《但願人長久》 ~ 千里共嬋娟 ♥ 中秋節快樂

 
十五的月亮 : 姚乙
 

I remember that as a young boy of 7 or 8, I suddenly looked up at the sky one night in Bukit Ho Swee where I stayed.

It was late that night and I was alone walking home in the muddy track.  The round and bright moon in the sky attracted me.  I asked myself:  "Why was the moon following me everywhere I go?"

There were more answers to my simple questions to learn and discover as I grew older.  There are still many questions about the mysteries of the world which I still did not know ...

Thanks to MediaCorp TV Singapore's "Frontline - 前线追踪" catch-up special feature on "Mid-Autumn Festivals 2013 in Singapore here .


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home